Vogue’s 73 Questions series has always intrigued me. It taught me more about my favourite celebrities in a laid-back style. From the likes of Lilly Singh to Tracee Ellis Ross, Priyanka Chopra and Ashley Graham. All strong women who have embraced their individuality a hundred percent. Completely comfortable in their own skin and celebrate their authenticity in every moment. I love the idea that there’s a version for bloggers, I was tagged by the lovely JustNatonya. She always brings a fresh perspective with each post, you could easily read her blog for hours. It’s time to get personal with 73 questions with Tajinder Kaur.
- What’s your usual Starbucks drink?
I usually head to Starbucks in summer for their refreshing Java Chip Frappuccino. With various flavours and seasonal delights, I’ll definitely be experimenting with my choices this summer.
- What does your work station look like?
An organised space of productivity filled with cute notebooks, colourful pens and scented candles. Everything I need for a great work session.
- All-time favourite food?
Without a doubt, it has to be a burger and fries’ combination. The ultimate comfort food and it’s even better when it’s homemade.
- Favourite author?
It’s hard to decide as I have two. Becca Fitzpatrick, a young adult author who sparked my interest in reading back in 2010 with the Hush Hush series. More recently it’s Rupi Kaur with her collection of poetry. A figure I can relate to, who explores taboo subjects in a community that’s quick to dismiss.
- What do you think of open relationships?
If you label it open, is it truly a relationship?
- What’s your favourite video game?
Super Mario Bros. I could play it for hours with no regrets.
- What’s your guilty pleasure treat?
Binge watching crime dramas, it’s a genre that intrigues me. I may even dedicate a blog post to must-watch crime drama series.
- Your favourite movie?
I don’t have a favourite movie, but two genres I enjoy are comedies and action-thrillers.
- Favourite book?
Anything by Rupi Kaur, her poetry resonates with my soul.
- Best advice you’ve ever received?
Be confident in your abilities. You possess potential even if you don’t see it yourself. By letting doubt creep in you’re only limiting yourself.
- Twitter or Instagram?
I’m leaning more towards Twitter, now that I’m actively engaging with the blogging community again.
- Are you a desktop or a laptop person?
Laptop kind of girl.
- What projects are you working on right now?
I’m working on an exciting poetry project – more details to come later on in the year.
- What’s your favourite colour?
The colour of strength and royalty – purple.
- Did you get good grades in school?
A steady string of Bs.
- Dream job?
A role that involves writing, perhaps a magazine columnist or freelance writer.
- Played any sports?
Not particularly, but I do love dance workouts in the comfort of my home.
- Do you have a degree?
I hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Media Studies (with Communications).
- What’s your favourite type of blog post to write?
Thought-provoking fashion pieces that highlight taboo topics, evoke emotion or makes my audience read beyond the surface.
- What do you like to collect?
Either cute coffee table books or dainty gold jewellery. I have an ever-growing collection of both.
- Describe yourself in 3 words?
Work in progress.
- If you were a rapper, what would your rapper name be?
The Real Tea – Ideal for a conscious hip-hop rapper, it also sounds like the word royalty.
- Who was the last person you DM’d?
My mum on Instagram, of something that inspired me for a photoshoot.
- What’s on top of your wish list right now?
Chunky sandals for spring and summer, which is a big trend for this season.
- Sorting House?
Honestly, I had to Google this as I’m not a fan of Harry Potter.
- How many tattoos do you have?
Zero, but I’m open to getting a small one with a strong meaning.
- What are you most grateful for this year?
Being more comfortable with myself and believing in my own abilities. To the point of reaching out to other creatives (at the beginning of the year) for my photography project.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Connecting with creatives that I admire and creating my own blog layout.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
I received some lovely compliments about my blog, I love hearing when people enjoy my content.
- What’s the best thing ever?
- Favourite season?
- Favourite holiday?
Bandi Chhor Divas, also known as prisoner liberation day. It’s a Sikh holiday celebrating freedom and reminding us of human rights. It was the day the sixth Guru, Guru Hargobind was liberated from Gwalior Fort in 1619. However, he refused to leave until all 52 Rajput princes were freed along with him. In the present day, the holiday is celebrated with a feast of flavours, colours and candles.
- What fictional character do you relate to the most?
The girl on fire, Katniss Everdeen. She wasn’t perfect but I related to her characteristics. The strength she held, devotion to her family and standing up for what she believed in.
- Do you like surprises?
Yes – but if only they’re good surprises.
- What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
Probably receiving a gift I wasn’t expecting, yet feeling grateful for the gesture.
- What’s the surprise that made you cry?
Haven’t had one.
- What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone?
Being able to treat my mother to a fancy event and dinner.
- Do you like muffins?
Yes – blueberry muffins are my favourite.
- Do you cook often?
Not at all – but when I do, it’s full of spices that leave you wanting more.
- What’s your favourite dessert?
- Is there a dessert you dislike?
My sweet tooth doesn’t comprehend the question, I’m pretty sure I enjoy most desserts.
- Cake or pie?
- What’s your least favourite food?
- What’s your favourite condiment?
- It’s 4am on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
- If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
The art of colour. A class about confidence, body positivity and the psychology behind colour.
- Best animated film?
I love all the Ice Age films.
- What has a guy done or said to impress you?
My boyfriend always writes me the cutest paragraphs of encouragement and love.
- The best thing to do on a first date?
Cliché advise but, be yourself, don’t overthink or be nervous.
- The worst thing to do on a first date?
Share too much or talk about past relationships.
- What’s the funniest pick-up line a guy could use on a girl?
I’m not a photographer, but I can picture me and you together.
- Best comic book character?
Huey Freeman from The Boondocks.
- What are three things that are always in your purse?
Hand sanitiser, tissues and lip balm.
- Favourite drink?
Virgin Pina Colada, I love the blend of pineapple and coconut.
- If you could play a historical figure in a movie who would it be?
Gulab Kaur – The freedom fighter with an aim to liberate India from British Rule.
- Kittens or puppies?
- Tell me your favourite sushi roll?
Not a fan of sushi.
- What kind of lipstick do you use?
I love bold colours, either in a matte or gloss formula. You can expect Poutsicle in Hot Blooded or Gloss Bomb to be my summer beauty staple. Especially as Fenty Beauty is now stocked in Boots.
- What kind of foundation do you use?
I haven’t been using foundation lately, but when I do it’s usually a lightweight creamy formula.
- Blow dry or air dry?
Air dry, but for colder days I tend to blow dry my hair.
- Who is your fashion icon?
- Favourite Disney Character?
Baloo bear from The Jungle Book – I love his fun personality.
- What are you doing tomorrow?
Writing blog posts and creating an editorial calendar for the next two months.
- A movie you laughed the hardest through?
- A movie that made you cry?
A Hindi film called Black.
- If you could sing a duet with someone, who would it be?
- If your life was a song, what would the title be?
- What’s your favourite animal?
- Favourite illustrator?
Anshika Khullar, also known as Aorists on Instagram.
- A person you want to have coffee with?
Victoria Magrath – I’d love to have a conversation about fashion, blogging and inspiration.
- What country do you wish to visit?
Barbados – A beautiful paradise with plenty to explore.
- Best way to decompress?
I either play music or put on a film and let my mind wander.
12 Bloggers I’m Tagging
Below are the 12 ladies I’m tagging to participate in the challenge. Mention this article and answer the 73 Vogue Parody Questions in a blog post. Continue the cycle, tag 12 people at the end. I’m excited to read your answers and discover more about you. Don’t forget to tag me on Twitter so I can share all your lovely posts.